Saturday, October 2, 2010

Vegas Baby!

I have to say the Vegas probably has the most celebrity chef restaurants per square feet.  Having eaten at a number of them, I have to say that the quality is sub-par.  Perhaps it's the desert environment or potentially that there's so much going on around you, it's hard to concentrate on only food.  
I stayed at the Mandalay Bay and ate at Strip House and Border Grill.  I was quite disappointed in Strip House - ordered the kobe filet and it was not as 'melt-in-your-mouth' steak.   Border Grill on the other hand was quite good.  Went there for lunch and I recommend the following (and some home-made sangria!)

White fish ceviche - on top of crispy rice

Spicy Shrimp Tacos - chipotle shrimp, guacamole, cucumer jicama slaw, and chipotle aioli

No comments:

Post a Comment