Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Top 3 Fave Korean Drama

I swear this will be my last posting on Korean dramas.  I'm totally obsessed!!  Been living, breathing, and dreaming about all the kdramas I've been watching.   I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and kdramas are as good as it gets when it comes to romantic comedies.   I've been crying and laughing all weekend and I'm just EXHAUSTED!  Need some rehab for my addiction! 

Here's my all-time FAVE kdrama:
1. Coffee Prince (Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo)
Love love this series!  I've watched it twice already and I laughed and cried harder the second time around.  I can't get enough of the NGs and MVs on youtube! 

Yoon Eun Hye plays the eternal tomboy who after losing her dad at a young age, supported her mom and younger sister by working literally 24 hours a day.  She is independent, strong, and very loyal.   She meets Gong Yoo through a fateful robbery and becomes his 'lover' for matchmaking dates.   Gong Yoo then opens a coffee shop called "Coffee Prince" and hires only good-looking males.  They fall in love and for the details, you'll just have to watch the series. 

The drama is wonderful also because it addresses some tough issues such as homosexuality, sex before marriage, re-marriage, affairs/betrayal, etc. in a very light-hearted way.

2. Full House (Song Hye Kyo and Rain)
This used to be my favorite when I first got hooked on kdrama about 5 years ago.  I've watched this series about 3 times because I just love the couple.  They look so cute together!

The storyline is a bit unrealistic but it's very typical of kdrama.  Song Hye Kyo lost her parents and the only inheritance she has is this house built by her parents.  Her friends manages to sell her house to Rain behind her back.  She persuades Rain to let her stay at the house as a maid.   They fall in love and rest is history.

3. Goong (Yoon Eun Hye and Joo Ji Hoon)
The costumes in this series is amazing!!  The cast members are all really young and cute.  

This is about modern day Korea's royal family (not really sure if they have one).  Due to the king's poor health, the acting monarch decides to marry the prince (Joo Ji Hoon) at a ripe age of 18.  The prior king had already made a matchmaking promise for the prince with his old friend's granddaughter.  That granddaughter is an ordinary gal (Yoon Eun Hye) who happens to go to the same HS as the prince.  Yoon Eun Hye manages to capture the heart of the cold prince by her bubbly yet thoughtful personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment